On 03/09/2014 23:58, Michael Black wrote:
Hi Mike,

I see...I don't have that problem since I can adjust my transmit bandwidth up to 12kHz.

Looking at the manual I see the TX BW max is stated as 4kHz.

I typically run it at about 4kHz which covers the JT9 portion just fine.

That is very handy but you must be careful not to overdrive any part of the TX audio chain as any clipping will generate harmonics that may well be inside your TX bandwidth.

*From:*Bill Somerville [mailto:g4...@classdesign.com]
*Sent:* Wednesday, September 03, 2014 5:43 PM
*To:* wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
*Subject:* Re: [wsjt-devel] TenTec Omni HRD TCP fix

On 03/09/2014 23:34, Michael Black wrote:
Hi Mike,

    I can tell you it sure wasn't intermittent before.  All I had to
    do was startup HRD Logbook and WSJT-X would pop up the error box
    within minutes.  I duplicated the problem numerous times as I was
    experimenting with some fixes.

    So far it hasn't died at all so I think they actually fixed it.  I
    think the idea of their TCP not being thread safe prompted them
    pretty good and it was probably an easy fix.

OK, well we shall see. Hopefully they have change something.

As for the OMNI VII I'm not sure what all control we are supposed to have from WSJT-X to HRD. All that I know I use is frequency read/write as I do VOX via the Signalink USB.

So I'm not using any other cat control that I know of. I know you mentioned split operation but I've never done that. That's only for contest work, right?

No, split mode allows you to work both JT65 and JT9 in a 4kHz bandwidth despite your TX bandwidth being around 2.6kHz. It also allows WSJT-X to always generate TX tones in the 1.5 - 2kHz range thus causing any harmonics to be above the cut off frequency of your TX filter. You cannot use those with the Omni VII via HRD until they provide a means of setting split mode and setting the TX frequency like they do for many other rigs.

I'm still missing PTT and Split buttons on HRD and the wsjtx_trace.log still shows them missing from the "get buttons" list. Supposed to be on their list to fix.

Mike W9MDB