On 12/09/2014 00:21, Bill Somerville wrote:
> On 12/09/2014 00:04, Bill Somerville wrote:
>> On 11/09/2014 23:57, KI7MT wrote:
>>> Hi Bill,
>> Hi Greg,
>>> Yup, I think that's the issue. I've never been able to build Hamlib3 on
>>> Windows, only on Linux. My current version was from one of your DropBox
>>> Downloads I believe.
>>>
>>> I can Zip up my version and update the sdk in just a few minutes, unless
>>> you have a newer version you want mt to add?
>> Oh! So the JTSDK doesn't have a MinGQ Hamlib-3 libhamlib.a in it. That's
>> not good.
>>
>> Sounds like I need to publish a recipe to  build the WIndows MinGW
>> Hamlib-3 from my fork. I thought I had done that in the past. I'll have
>> a search through the archives and see if I can find it.
> Here is the original thread where I introduced the change from dynamic
> linking to static linking Hamlib-3 from my fork.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/mailman/message/32576350/
>
> There should be enough info in there to set up a MinGW Hamlib-3 build
> using an Msys console. Otherwise the link in there to my Dropbox
> binaries is still valid and probably the one you are using Greg.

Here is the configure command I use to build Hamlib-3 from an Msys console:

$ ./configure --prefix=/c/test-install/hamlib/mingw32 \
        --disable-shared  \
        CC=/c/Tools/Qt/Tools/mingw48_32/bin/gcc   \
        CXX=/c/Tools/Qt/Tools/mingw48_32/bin/g++

This selects the Qt bundled compilers and linker so that the run time
dependencies are the same as the ones for the WSJT-X code and Qt code.
This is important because the compiler thread support library must be
the same one for all the modules in the final application. This doesn't
build a DLL shared library at all, just the static archive library and
tools that link the Hamlib code from that same library.

The configure info was extracted from config.log, I probably invoked it
originally as:

$ mkdir -p <build-path>
$ cd <build-path>
$ <source-path>/autogen --prefix=/c/test-install/hamlib/mingw32 \
        --disable-shared  \
        CC=/c/Tools/Qt/Tools/mingw48_32/bin/gcc   \
        CXX=/c/Tools/Qt/Tools/mingw48_32/bin/g++

since the repo is generic source that needs the auto tools running
before configure can be run.