W9MDB wrote:
> I noticed this morning when working W1AW/6 that the only message generated
> with W1AW/6 was TX 2 and it had "W1AW/6 W9MDB" with no signal report.
> All others just had the first 4.  Shouldn't all messages be able to contain
> W1AW/6 since it's six letters?

No, because W1AW/6 is a compound callsign.

I could spell out much more about why these must be treated differently
here, but for completeness it's better for you to read the existing
documentation.

For details on acceptable messages in the JT65 (and JT9) protocols, see
the WSJT-X User Guide at
http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main.html#PROTOCOLS
and
http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main.html#COMP-CALL

To understand the motivation for such restrictions, see the original QEX
paper on the JT65 protocol:
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/JT65.pdf

You might also want to experiment with the utility programs
jt9code[.exe] and jt65code[.exe].  They are described in the WSJT-X User
Guide at
http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main.html#UTIL

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT