Hi John,

> But along with this is a Fortran runtime error:
> "Actual string length is shorter than the declared one for dummy argument 'c'
> (0/1)
>
> Unfortunately - no other information about where this occurred.  I'll have a
> look...

I have seen a similar error message in Windows, as well, although not in
the wsjtx.exe built from r4611.  Since the problem went away on the
system I was testing, I stopped trying to fix it at the source.
However, I think it occurs in subroutine write_char(), at the top of
file f77_wisdom.f90.

subroutine write_char(c, iunit)
   character c
   integer iunit
   write(iunit,1000) c
1000 format(a,$)
end subroutine write_char

I suggest changing the write statement so that it reads as follows:

   if(len(c).eq.1) write(iunit,1000) c

        -- Joe