Hi guys,
WSPR 4.0  SVN 4795 recompiled with FFLAGS += -Ofast and the rest..

Has run from 9:50 this morning to now, 18:10 without crashing:
Memory allocation error
Cannot start rx thread  11

System: Banana Pi, Fedora 21,

http://mirror.as24220.net/pub/fedora/linux/releases/21/Images/armhfp/Fedora-LXDE-armhfp-21-5-sda.raw.xz
 copied to SATA disk.
Booted with kernel 3.4.105+ because Fedora have not ported the Mali video
driver yet.

ONE MAJOR MOD: Replace Python Imaging Library (Pillow) with 2.5.3
Use the "pip3" tool, Python's installer.
2.6.1 crashes when a waterfall is displayed.

For development, a SATA disk is essential. Forget SD cards, full stop.

Alan VK2ZIW

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 01:36:44 +0100, Alessandro Gorobey wrote
> Hi Joe and all,
> I can not in any way discuss the data provided but on my machine the
> difference is more that notable.
> It is a Pavilion g6 Notebook PC with i5-2430M CPU@2.40Ghz ram 4G
> with windows 7 SP1 home
>
> This is the diff of the two files:
>
> C:\JTSDK\src\wsjtx-1.4>diff CMakeLists.txt CMakeListsMY.txt
> 429c429
> < set (CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -Wall -Wextra -std=c++11
> -fexceptions -frtti")
> ---
>  > set (CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -Wall -Wextra -std=c++11
> -fexceptions -frtti -mtune=native")
> 476c476
> < set (General_FFLAGS "-fbounds-check -Wall -Wno-conversion
> -fno-second-underscore")
> ---
>  > set (General_FFLAGS "-fbounds-check -Wall -Wno-conversion
> -fno-second-underscore -mtune=native")
>
> The program run with JT65+JT9 mode. The version is v1.4.0-rc3 r4783[-
> dirty] I removed the build and install directories files to be sure
> that all will be rebuild. I increase the number of files to analyze,
> stop services and anti-virus, but the difference continue to be
> high. Next week I try on other machines or others OS. I start to
> think that is not only decoders influence the results. Please note
> that i refer to the time to complete several loops. With Shift+F6 on
> a directory the program loop on: - read file - display graph -
> decode jt65 - show results - decode jt9 - show results - write
> ALL.TXTand other files
>
> I put the mtune=native in the cmake file, so all fortran code but
> also c will be generated different. It may be that I have to measure
> the execution time between the decodings to understand what happens.
>
> Many thanks for the detailed informations.
>
> Next days I'll investigate the strange time difference.
>
> 73, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to You your Family and all
> the Group
>
> Sandro IW3RAB
>
> Il 16/12/2014 21:16, Joe Taylor ha scritto:
> > Hi Alessandro and all,
> >
> > Compiler optimizations can be helpful when tuning code for good
> > performance, but I am surprised that you see anything like a 2x
> > improvement in decoding speed.
> >
> > The following table shows the results of a series of tests I made today
> > for the decoder (the executable program jt9) running on files like the
> > ones you created (01.wav, 02.wav, ... 10.wav, all copies of the example
> > file 130610_2343.wav).  The first column lists the Fortran compiler
> > flags used; the numerical column gives the total execution time (wall
> > clock) for processing the ten files.
> >
> > FFLAGS                                   Time
> > -O0 -fbounds-check                       42.4
> > -O1 -fbounds-check                       22.8
> > -Os -fbounds-check                       22.8
> > -O2 -fbounds-check -funroll-all-loops    20.4 *
> > -O2 -fbounds-check                       20.2
> > -O3 -fbounds-check                       19.8
> [...]

Alan

Man's greatest waste of time: Worshipping the wrong God.
Consider Jesus.
Alan Beard               Unix Support Technician from 1984 to today
70 Wedmore Rd.           Sun Solaris, AIX, HP/UX, Linux, SCO OpenServer 5.0.X
Emu Heights N.S.W. 2750  Routers, terminal servers, printers, terminals etc..
+61 2 47353013 (h)       Support Programming, shell scripting, "C", assembler
0414 353013 (mobile)     After uni, electr