Hi Greg and all,

Can we please focus on the "crash " problem?

WSPR runs perfectly fine for 10+ hours then crashes:

spawning new thread: Resource temporarily unavailable
Error starting rx thread     11

The "pillow" issue is resolved. Just do:
pip3 install -I pillow==2.5.3

Thanks Greg for logging in and taking a look.

I've tried three kernel versions: 3.4.90, 3.4.104, 3.4.105+.
Two Linux flavours: Bananian and Fedora 21
Always, the same crash problem after about 10 hours.

Hardware: I'm using the Allwinner A20 SOC. This is the Banana Pi.
It is dual core ARMv7 with the Mali 400 GPU.

Problem: The ARM company who designed the Mali 400 GPU have not released OpenSource drivers,
but only binaries for some kernel versions, in particular 3.4.X
This affects many ARM SOCs.

So, are my "crash" problems related to the "pthread" libraries in /usr/lib not being
compatible with the 3.4.104 kernel and modules.

Would these problems go away with a quad core CPU?

Repeatability: One can only buy hardware that is available now, and suffer the software
consequences, because one downloads the software today, not three months ago.

Michael DG0OPK's website is trying to promote ARM hardware and provide, as many as he can,
build instructions for same.

Keep Smiling

Alan VK2ZIW

On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 06:23:31 -0700, ki7mt wrote
> HI All,
>
> Apologies for not being very clear here. The packages you need, for
> the distribution you have (Debian based Wheezy) do no exist in the
> Debian WHeezy repositories for Python3.
>
> Python3 Imaging Library (python3-pil or python3-pillow):
> * Wheezy = No
> * Jessie and Sid = yes
>
> Python3 Imaging, Tk Dependant (python3-imagetk or python3-imaging-tk)
> * Wheezy = No
> * Jessie and Sid = Yes
>
> Further confusing the issue, the Python3 packages that are available
> in Jessie and Sid ( pillow 2.6.1 for example ) conflict with WSJT
> adn WSPR code. Which goes back to what we talked about a a few days ago.
>
> You can get pillow using pip3, but there's guarantee it will work
> properly as its form a completely different source ( pypi.python.org
> ). I didn't even bother to look for the Imaging Tk modules.
>
> So, even if you get all the NumPy and GCC issues sorted out, you
> will still have package dependency problems in Pil and Image Tk. I
> suppose it's possible to compile them yourself, but be aware, the
> image libs have several other dependencies when compiling from source.
>
> Do some searching here:
> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/python/python-imaging-tk
>
> You will see, some are available, but they are either the wrong
> versions, wrong Python version or they are not for Wheezy.
>
> I hope that clears this up.
>
> 73's
> Greg,   KI7MT
>
> On 12/20/2014 04:59 AM, Alan VK2ZIW wrote:
> > Thanks Greg,
> >

> > On my home Banana Pi there is no 'funny business' all the build info
> > is in a previous email. Just "apt-get <everything>" then
> > "pip-3.2 install -I pillow==2.5.3"
> >
> > What you see is out of the Debian 'sources'
> > deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main non-free contrib
> > deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main non-free contrib
> >
> > deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
> > deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
> >
> > As user "wsjtdev" you are in the same group (tims) as me "alanb" and the UMASK
> > was set so we, as members of the same group do things.
> > You can copy or 'get' from SVN a fresh copy. Don't worry about data
> > download, I have 40Gb/month.
> >
> > In the end, we all need a Low Power, Low Price way to run WSPR or WSJT.
> > That is repeatable and reliable.
> >
> > Alan VK2ZIW
> >

> > On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 02:19:01 -0700, ki7mt wrote
> >> Hi Alan,
> >>
> >> I kind of figured something was not right. Ok, well, that's goods
> >> news and bad.
> >>
> >> The good news, f2py3's path looks ok from what I can tell. F2PY3 is
> >> being picked up in the Makefile, unless you manually edited it, as is
> >> Python3.
> >>
> >> That's about all the good news.
> >>
> >> * Pip - your pip is for py2.7 and it's seriously out of date, 1.1 vs.

> [...]

Alan

Man's greatest waste of time: Worshipping the wrong God.
Consider Jesus.
Alan Beard               Unix Support Technician from 1984 to today
70 Wedmore Rd.           Sun Solaris, AIX, HP/UX, Linux, SCO OpenServer 5.0.X
Emu Heights N.S.W. 2750  Routers, terminal servers, printers, terminals etc..
+61 2 47353013 (h)       Support Programming, shell scripting, "C", assembler
0414 353013 (mobile)     After uni, electr