Bill,

You recently answered a post of mine about applying the wsjtx_omp.patch. I
used the generic method of using "patch" as you said, successfully.

You also commented about me having to use "--without-cxx-binding" to build
wsjtx without error. You said that you do not have too, and that you build
successfully on all platforms. That got me thinking as to why. What I was
able to figure out is that I needed the package "pkg-config". Today, I was
looking around the git hamlib repository, to look at your work/commits, to
see if I could glean any information to support my determination about
needing the package "pkg-config". I found some comments from N0NB that seem
to support the requirement of the pkg-config package.

When I installed pkg-config, I got a build feedback statement that "hamlib"
was found.

I have been able to figure out (with your posted information) how to build
WSJTX in a very minimal Ubuntu command line setup. The following packages
are required:

cmake subversion pkg-config svn clang-3.5 gfortran libfftw3-dev git
libgfortran3 libusb-dev autoconf libtool texinfo qt5-default qtmultimedia5-
dev libqt5multimedia5-plugins libhamlib-dev asciidoc

When I do a clean install, I build WSJTX first, and then add the following
packages for a window manager environment:

xorg xserver-xorg-video-intel xserver-xorg-input-evdev xserver-xorg-input-
mouse xterm dmz-cursor-theme ttf-ubuntu-font-family xfonts-terminus fonts-
droid lwm alsa-base alsa-utils pulseaudio fontconfig

As you can see, I use Intel hardware for graphics. WSJTX 1.5.0-devel runs
great in such a environment. I am going to try my WSJTX build, and window
manager environment techniques using Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Alpha 2 very soon.
I am going to try the cmake option "-D WSJT_SKIP_MANPAGES=ON", so I do not
have to install the asciidoc package, due to it's very large size.

I thought I would post this information, as it might be helpful to someone
building WSJTX also. I have been using Linux for just over 10 years, and in
all that time I have never had to post a question about Linux, because
someone, some where, has always asked it first, and all you had to do was
use Google and search for the answer. WSJTX is different in that regard, in
that it is such unique software. So, maybe posting this information here,
will be helpful, and in some small way I can give back to this project.

Anyway, thanks for answering my post. Your comments have helped me obtain a
greater understanding about Linux, and building WSJTX.

73, John, N1ISA