Simple.most people send the extra 73..at least that's what I see >50% of the
time.

I've had people keep sending me a 73 waiting for a 73 in reply.

I think the only reason RRR was in there in the first place was because
nobody realized RR73 would be compressed.= and not take any more room.

I see more and more people using RR73..yeah.you CAN type it in every time
you do a QSO but isn't that the whole point of "Generate Standard
Messages"????  Minimize mouse clicks and keystrokes?

It's a minor change that impacts nobody that doesn't want to use it.so no
harm done.

Mike W9MDB