Thanks Bill. I hadn’t thought through the frequency selection issue.

A bit more information for Joe regarding the crashes. I am running on linux and
simply starting 1.6.1 and letting it read the initialization file that was
written by 1.6.0. The crashes occur reliably and happen as soon as a few
seconds after starting and as long as a couple of minutes after starting the
program. In most cases, I just get a coredump without the “Fortran runtime
error” text.

Steve k9an