On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 12:42:35 +0000
Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com> wrote:

> On 15/01/2016 12:31, Paul wrote:
> > Can any one tell me if the IQ software will be added to wsjtx.
> Hi Paul,
>
> it is not currently being worked on. In general there are two related
> issues with using IQ data, firstly it has to be "demodulated" and
> secondly the mode and frequency of demodulation needs to be set. These
> equate roughly to setting the dial frequency and mode on an analog rig.
> Most receiver implementations that provide IQ data have some sort of CAT
> interface to set their LO frequency and a separate SDR application is
> needed to demodulate to audio. AFAIK all these SDR applications provide
> a CAT interface that emulates some analog rig. Therefore running an SDR
> application meets all the requirements for WSJT-X.
>
> I suggest that you investigate using HDSDR or similar as an intermediary
> between the receiver (and transmitter) and WSJT-X. We have made
> allowance in the WSJT-X/Hamlib sources to make them work with HDSDR when
> the TS-2000 rig type is used. You cannot use split operating for
> JT9+JT65 dual mode but that should not be necessary with an all digital
> audio chain and the ability to select 4kHz wide filters for Rx and Tx.
>
> 73
> Bill
> G4WJS.

I'm not that sure that IQ software is needed for using a softrock with wsjtx

The output streams form the softrock are audio,just one stream 90 degrees out
of phase with the
other.
The width of the frequency displayed on a SDR fed from a softrock depends on
the bandwidth of the
audio card and the sampling rate. as the LO is not being swept the content is
stable.
So if you then filter one of the streams, it doesn't matter which , you will
see whats in the
bandwidth of that filter
So Just connect just one of the outputs of the softrock  in to the audio input
of the soundcard,
and as far as I'm aware it will work fine with wsjtx, remember you will have to
tune the softrock
as you would a normal receiver.
You can feed a SDR with just an single audio feed and you will see the local
ocillator and a
positive spectrum on the right and a negative on the left, using a I&Q input
allows you to remove
the unwanted sideband , ie the negative image to the left. or vice versa if you
select that.

All the softrock is , is superhet Rx with a DC IF, the output is DC to what
ever the upper audio
freq response  ( as a microwave merchant I regard anything below 100 MHz as DC
with some ripple !)

The audio output is exactly the same ish as taking the the audio from a
Receiver post demodulator,
ie audio.

Just connect it and select either one of the audio o/ps from the softrock.

HTH

Best wishes /73
Richard Bown

Email : rich...@g8jvm.com
HTTP  :  http://www.g8jvm.com
nil carborundum a illegitemis
Ham Call: G8JVM . QRV: 50-432 MHz + Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W & 3cms 5W
Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W
QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 400W, 70cms 200W
OS: Linux Mint 17.3 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop