Our postings crossed
All builds made were using JTSDK, much easier than manually building.
When getting the failed build first of all I tried several different versions ,
1.5.0,
1.6.0rc2, and exp versions all with the same build failure right at the end of
the build.
Each time a new build was tried new sub directories were created by JTSDK, so
there shouldn't have
been anything from previous builds.
The original build would also not recompile, failing with the same ? header
problems. Note: a make
clean was not run on the original version as that would have destroyed the
compiled binaries.
It wasn't until after deleting all of the wsjtx directories I got a clean build.
I've used JTSDK on 3 different computers and it didnt seem to matter if an
earlier version of wsjtx
was in existence, and as such never bothered to read the release notes with it.
To be honest who reads release notes when something works ?

I still suspect something in gar/ was causing the problem, but that wont be
verified until someone
else hits the same problem, At least now its known how to get around it.

And I've got a working version of wsjtx :)
I'll notify the QT5 /openGL developers that it was NOT a problem of their
making.
Thanks

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 17:27:14 -0600
KI7MT <ki7m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> To be clear on Bill's point(s) below -- there are no automated build
> scripts (at least that I am aware of) in the WSJT-X repository; that is
> why I created JTSDK in the first place.
>
> I believe, though I'd have to verify it, in JTSDK v2.0.19 and above,
> clean, rcfg and separate *are disabled* by default, which should perform
> in the manner which Bill states below.
>
> For developers, it's makes little since to clean and reconfigure the
> build tree each iteration. The options are there for those using JTSDK
> to *enable / disable* at will. Understanding their usage is the onus of
> the user.
>
> If the release notes are not clear, or the system man pages / help
> screens are not sufficient, let me know and I'll try to amend them to be
> more user friendly.
>

> 73's
> Greg, KI7MT
>

> On 04/14/2016 05:10 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:
> > On 15/04/2016 00:00, Richard Bown wrote:
> >> So wouldn't it make sense to put in the automated build scripts a make
> >> clean before
> >> configure ??? or at least before make.
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > the whole point of build tools like make and tools like CMake that can
> > generate Makefiles is to do minimal rebuilds to save time. Having to
> > wait for a clean build or scrapping the whole configured build tree
> > every time you want to rebuild is totally defeating the object of smart
> > build tools.
> >
> > 73
> > Bill
> > G4WJS.

Best wishes /73
Richard Bown

Email : rich...@g8jvm.com
HTTP  :  http://www.g8jvm.com
nil carborundum a illegitemis
Ham Call: G8JVM . QRV: 50-432 MHz + Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W & 3cms 5W
Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W
QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 400W, 70cms 200W
OS: Linux Mint 17.3 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop