Hi

This path does also not exist on my machine. It is a reference to the source
code file which Apple uses to compile the USB Audio components inside OS X.
I am still running 10.11.6 on my MacPro 1,1.

To me it looks somehow like the USB connection is resetting for whatever reason
when switching between Tx and Rx [I guess we will not able to fix this easily],
and then WSJTX or the Qt code layer inside, is picking up the wrong audio
device after probably receiving some error from OS X.
I think it would be most promising to look into this code, and put some
workaround in there, which catches
the error (I guess the device is closed or so), and then tries to reopen it,
maybe with a few retries in case it is not possible immediately. Currently the
code in this location seems to switch to a different device instead when
the problem occurs. On my machine, this „different device“ is the one which is
alphabetically first among the Audio Devices configured on my Mac.
(alphabetically first not in the Combo Box in the WSJTX audio configuration,
but in OS X).

Siegfried

> Am 16.02.2017 um 09:50 schrieb John Nelson <j...@rmnjmn.co.uk>:
>
> Hi Siegfried,
>
>> USB Sound assertion in
>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleUSBAudio/AppleUSBAudio-303.3.1/AppleUSBAudioIsocPipe.cpp
>>  at line 127
>
> What version of OSX are you running?   You mentioned 10.11.6 on 14 Feb.   My
> version of 10.11.6 has no references to /BuildRoot, nor com.apple.xbs in
> /System/Library/Caches
>
> — John G4KLA

Greetings
    Siegfried Hanisch