FYI..He upgrade to 10.12.8 and the Refresh works now.So apparently the problem
was with 10.9.5 and the Qt kit it had.
de Mike W9MDB

      From: Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
 To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
 Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2017 5:32 PM
 Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] Settings refresh

 On 30/07/2017 14:05, Black Michael via wsjt-devel wrote:

Any reason we can't re-enumerate serial ports and audio devices when Settings
is triggered rather than restarting WSJT-X?
 Hi Mike, the only one I can think of is what to do if the currently set one is
no longer available and subsequently the settings window is cancelled. On
Windows for example audio devices are accessed only by an enumerator number
rather than a device name so matching up a device name to its internal handle
may be impossible is the device has been renamed. I am not 100% certain without
checking the Qt code whether either is actually able to detect changes but I
guess that is likely to be ok. 73
 Bill
 G4WJS.