On 11/08/2017 01:00, David Booher wrote:

When a really high signal comes in, the auto-reply feature in FT8 really goes crazy! It would be nice if it would auto-reply to the frequency with the highest dB value…. I’ve never seen a signal that high! Luckily, I was able to get the QSO to complete.

73 Dave W9BOO

Hi Dave,

one of you has a problem with PSU hum injecting 120Hz (2 times line frequency) into the audio stages. The multiple decodes are of mixing products of either the transmit audio at the sending station or received audio at your station and said hum. The level of the strongest spurious signal is only 16dB down on the main signal and that is much stronger than is acceptable, especially if it is being transmitted.