I really like the change in r8119 through r8121 to move only the Rx frequency
when double clicking on a CQ line in the Band Activity column. If this feature
remains in future candidate releases, the number of multiple callers on the
same frequency should be greatly reduced. Most casual ops will simply click on
a CQ line, move the green RX marker and leave their TX frequency elsewhere in
the passband. This should make running split the norm.....a good thing. The
result will be fewer no-decodes because of multi-caller QRM.

If desired, calling on a CQing station's exact frequency can be accomplished
with a Control-double click on the CQ line in the Band Activity column. This
will move both green and red markers to his frequency.  A CTRL-click on a
frequency in the waterfall display will also move both TX and RX markers to
that frequency.

Setting ONLY your TX frequency is easily done with a Shift-Click while pointing
to a clear frequency in the waterfall display. This should be the first step in
setting up for split before calling a station.

I have found that running split is really the key to completing QSOs with fewer
repeats due to QRM from competing callers. The recent change, if retained, will
make running split much easier for FT8 users.

73,
Rich - K1HTV
PS - Now up to 143 countries worked and 118 confirmed with FT8 with 75W or less.

= = =