Joe,
  I downloaded and was using r8134 this afternoon and it works fine, as
described, with no problems. I really like your idea of replacing the Tx=Rx
with the 'Lock Tx Freq' option. If this option is included in the next release,
the benefits of running split over simplex operation should be strongly
emphasized in the documentation.

I believe that the approach of a user locking his TX frequency to the quiet
spot that he picked should greatly reduce the on-frequency pileups that are
presently occurring. It has been frustrating to call CQ and have multiple
callers but no decodes. One trick I have done is to Shift-click up or down 50
to 100 Hz. Some times at least one of the callers, with their Tx=Rx checked,
will follow me. Then I can copy at least one of the callers.

I was on 40M this morning and around 1150Z and decoded 4S7AB in the middle of
the band. I quickly Shift-clicked on 2200+ Hz to run split and gave him a call.
I almost fell off my chair when he responded to my call. A quick set of
exchanges and Sri Lanka was in the K1HTV log for FT8 DXCC country #147. I was
running 75W to a ZS6BKW (modified G5RV) antenna at 65 ft and the K3 at 75W. He
was on solar power and using a 2 element 40M quad. Also snagged XT2AT on 60M
FT8 yesterday. You might want to add 5357 KHz to the FT8 frequency list, as
that seems to be the channel that FT8 and some JT65 is being worked at least in
NA, Europe and by the Africans that I've seen on 60M FT8.

Thanks again to you and the WSJT-X Team for all the work done to develop and
improve the new FT8 mode.

As I've said before, FT8 is GREAT!

73,
Rich - K1HTV