Hi all, I'm interested in making some local changes to WSJT-X and am a little overwhelmed with where to start. I'm an experienced software engineer although it's been years since I last worked in C and C++. I've never used Qt.

I have downloaded version 3.0 beta if the SDK, and successfully installed it. I have also successfully built hamlib.

I want to add a Filter option to the main menu, and add the ability to filter which records are displayed. Specifically I'm trying to exclude US records so DX records stand out. I'm thinking about excluding CQ's from US stations, or possibly other options. Why do I want to do this? Because I'm a DXer and especially interested in using FT8 on the low bands to work DX.

So where to start? What I should I be looking at to get started on my Filter modification?

Thank you, 73,
Al Rovner, K7AR
Vancouver, Wash.