With the latest GA version of WSJT-X (1.8.0), running Windows 10, I am running
into the problem where the auto-logging and CW ID features are highly
unreliable, at least using standard messages.

As far as I can tell, the only time that the 73 is detected is
1) It must be at the end of the TX 5 line, and
2) That line must not be modified from default (<call> <call> 73)

All other times, auto-logging, CW ID (and the transmit disable) do not occur. I
can get around the auto-logging and transmit disable by manually selecting the
appropriate buttons, but the lack of CW ID makes sending custom messages
without my call not kosher.

Any hints? These features used to work (fairly reliably with 1.7.0), and I have
checked that the appropriate settings are selected.

Thanks es 73,
Ivan AI0IA