It took me a few days to get it the way I wanted it but I like it way better.

Jim S.
N2ADV

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Somerville [mailto:g4...@classdesign.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:27 AM
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] WSJT-X 1.9.0 rc2 Waterfall

On 07/03/2018 16:21, Ron Schwartz wrote:
> The 1.9.0 rc2 waterfall now appears ‘smeared’ and weak traces are not
> as visible as earlier versions (see attached).  Is this an intentional
> change?

Hi Ron,

it has been changed, the intent was to improve the visibility of weak signals.
Please try adjusting the sliders to your liking. Once you get what appears to
be a good trace try playing back the recorded .WAV file in version v1.8.0 with
your old settings and compare. If you still think the new waterfall is worse
please send us the .WAV file.