Hi Mike

Just throwing it out there - ‘FD’ while may be common on cw etc for some
contests the CQ xx characters are generally taken as State / Providence /
Region - while FD is not a US State - it could well apply to another country.
Hardcoding it into one app does cause more confusion.

The X? may work (Assuming no country) - but did I not see issues with a station
XE  in recent fox/hound test - If some authority somewhere decides they will
use XD as call there will be a mad rush to release patches assuming developers
are around.

I would hate for some (no offence intended)  cock and bull method that  is not
fully thought out - where would sota ref go, what about IOTA and all the other
niche events. No doubt the one ‘xxxx’ macro that is not added/supported will be
the one that causes most moans and complaints.

Yes there should be a solution to that along with 6 character grids and a way
of passing a ‘reference’ - SOTA ref/Contest Number/IOTA code - what it is I
can’t help with but shoe horning a solution for xx% of users is not it.

Again no offence - just my personal view.

Regards

Tom
GM8MJV