Rich --

On 3/15/2018 11:39 AM, Rich - K1HTV wrote:
If at all possible, I'd recommend that a 4-digit (160 thru 40M) or 5-digit (30M thru 6M) number in a CQ text message be interpreted as the frequency to set VFO-B. It is harder to misinterpret an exact frequency, especially once the DXpedition mode starts being used and DX stations use Rx frequencies well above (or below) their Tx frequency.

Using more than 3 digits for the automatic-QSY feature associated with "CQ nnn" is not possible. This feature was intended for VHF, especially with mode MSK144, where it works very well.

DXpedition mode has its own frequency conventions.

We're not trying to automate everything! Operators must be present and take some responsibility for what they're doing.

        -- Joe