Hello,

I'm back with some more Information :

- the soundcard is not a cheapie :-) It's a Terratec Aureon
        I've used it several years for decoding NOAA sats, without any
        notice, even under linux and on RPI2 together with wxtoimg.
- the problem looks like an RPI USB problem.

  I have been searching the internet and found "dwc_otg"
  problems.....there are many forum entries and debug hints like kernel
  command line options etc., but at least nothing will help solving
  that usb-driver (that is my conclusion).
- Main problem is of cours that linux-usb handling will loose some
  audiodata -> this causes the /usr/bin/JT9 process to stop working
  correctly (lower cpu usage than normal), no decode no waterfall
  This stops processing audiodata even after a short wile
  audiodatat is back again....

--> wsjt-x gui should supervise JT9 process to observe any
irregularities , like it does when JT9 process is shut down manually.

73

Frank
DB5FP