Good evening Bill,

Sorry I don't buy your argument: should I have to prepare my QSO on the WSJT-X client (in order to use the Hold Tx Freq and to input the Tx DF value on the client) I don't need a UDP type 4 message any more: I use my keyboard and that's it.

My need for a modified type 4 is driven by the opportunity to initiate the QSO remotely. This is why the type 4 message is precious... but I find it incomplete: it should, I believe, permit the user to choose the DF for a split.

Please reconsider

Cheers

Serge