Hi Carl,

On 3/28/2018 11:17 AM, K0TNT wrote:
Setup:

Program version: WSJT-X v1.90-rc3

Rig: Flex 3000 with Gateway dual core processor computer running Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 8 GB ram, 2.2 GHz, plenty of disk space.

Issue 1: Can't be the WSJT program to work with the Flex and PowerSDR 2.80 (or the original 2.72) with any WSJT rig selection other than Kenwood TS-480 or TS-50S. The Flex SDR-1000 (only thing that appears in the selection window).

I'm not sure why you are describing this as an issue. Does something not work as you expected when you use settings for a Kenwood radio? I think TS-2000 is the preferred setting (but I'm not sure).

Issue 2: Since my computer is an 8 year old dual core, I have observed that if the CPU % usage goes above 35%, WSJT-X will almost always fail to automatically begin the decode process after 13-14 seconds into the cycle has begun. If I have the PoweSDR window open to full screen and any of the panadapter options selected, the program won't decode. But if I minimize the PowerSDR screen and set the panadapter screen selectioin to off, decode occurs nearly 90% of the time. (Not seeing the panadapter's various idisplay options isn't significant since the WSJT screen displays whatever I need to see.)

You're asking your 8-year-old computer to do heavy numerical lifting simultaneously in two programs, each with real-time requirements. It sounds like you need more computer horsepower, especially if you want to use wide bandwidths, full-screen displays, etc.

You might want to correspond with other Flex 3000 users.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT