On 28/03/2018 20:11, Black Michael via wsjt-devel wrote:
Disable the greying out of "Monitor returns to last used frequency" for the "None" rig entry.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivkbi3dm7cb7yeu/lastmon.patch?dl=1

I can see why this was put in...but it prevents some logical operations when not using CAT control.

de Mike W9MDB

Hi Mike,

the reason it is disabled and forced to true for the dummy rig is so that restarting the application will return to the last used frequency, without that WSJT-X will always go to the rig's frequency which is 145.0 MHz for the dummy rig. Simply re-enabling the option will be a backward step, some smarter logic will have to be designed if you want to allow band changes while "Monitor" is disabled.

OTOH I didn't think there was a problem. The OP should be able to do the following:

1 Disable "Monitor",

2 Switch bands on the rig,

3 Select the new frequency (or band if it is the standard frequency for the band).

That's it. Selecting a band in WSJT-X enables "Monitor", or a t least it used to. If it doesn't then something has been broken, and running a quick test proves that it is indeed broken. So rather than force all non-CAT users to set the frequency on start up, how about looking for which change stopped band changes from automatically enabling "Monitor"?