David --

On 4/6/2018 9:08 AM, David Alloza wrote:

I am wondering how we can decode  FT8 message send by a frequency drift
transmitter .

Do we know from what level of frequency drift a message become impossible to
decode ?

Do you have any idea how the minimum SNR decoding level is impacted by a
frequency drift?

You don't say what has motivated your questions. Bill already provided basic answers corresponding to the "stock" FT8 decoder. There will be little sensitivity loss for frequency drifts up to ~3 Hz over a 12.6 s transmission. Things will degrade significantly if the drift is much larger.

With sufficient motivation, it would not be very difficult to add "AFC" capability to a specialized FT8 decoder. WSJT-X already includes such features for JT65 and JT9.

        -- Joe, K1JT