On 4/15/2018 3:54 AM, Patrick 9A5CW wrote:
Anyone can explain me why is SV5DKL callsign coded into WSJT-X?
Is he blacklisted or banned?

No reason to be overly coy about it.

The callsign SV5DKL was indeed blacklisted inside WSJT-X development code (not "production" or "released" code) for two days between February 5 and February 7, 2018.

This was a temporary reaction to the effort of SV5DKL to denigrate and discredit WSJT-X, by showing that external software could be programmed to effectively click buttone on the WSJT-X interface, thereby creating a robotic QSO machine.

The two-day lifetime of the effective "blacklist" code was simply a way of communicating among WSJT developers. We wanted to explore possible ways of preventing misuse of our software by others with malicious intent or other anti-social behavior.

We soon decided that for a fully open-source effort like that of the WSJT Development group, entering into any sort of "coding war" would be a bad idea.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT