There apparently was somebody on 20M FT8 last night in Fox mode from a
relatively rare location and caused a mess on 14.074.  Everybody though he was
calling simple CQ but was Fox so wasn't hearing them and users were crowding
the lower end of 20M trying to get him making even the the Fox/Hound exchange
problematic.
I don't think we can leave this up to "operator responsibility" as there are
just too many out there.....
So throwing out a few ideas to hopefully open up the discussion
#1 Active solution -- Add a "Fox" setting to the frequency list which is
hard-coded for the "standard" bands and would prevent enabling Fox or Hound
mode on those entries with an appropriate message.#2 Passive solution -- Detect
Fox/Hound messages during decode and don't display them at all unless you have
the modes enabled.  This would not stop older versions from seeing the decoding
though.#3 Simple solution -- Whenever Fox mode is selected a big warning
message comes up about band usage.

de Mike W9MDB