About a year ago a VHF contest mode was discussed and the NA VHF contest
mode was implemented. The Region 1 contest VHF mode was specified, but is
not yet implemented.

Each morning there is a fair amount of MS using MSK144 going on on 2 m in
Europe, see www.on4kst.org/chat/login.php?band=2 FT8 is being used more and
more on VHF. Both modes are not well suited for European contests as the
full 6-digit locator and often also needed serial number must be send as
free text.

As the fox/hound stuff has been implemented now I hope it is time for
the Region
1 contest VHF submode in at least MSK144 and FT8 as specified below with
the full 6-digit locator, a report and an up to 4-digit serial number. The
top score on 144 MHz has been above 1.100 QSO's so in rare cases the serial
number can be above 999. Many contest stations have /P in their call, so
this suffix is also needed in the contest VHF mode.

To prevent confusion WSJT-X should be able to recognize when the other
party is using a VHF contest mode.

73, Palle, OZ1RH.
www.oz1rh.com