It exists, and was last modified today, and looks like the permissions are okay (see screen captures, below).

I'm happy to delete it, but it seems strange to my former-developer self that it would throw this error on a file the program has already created, in a folder it has successfully created and presumably read other files.

In a non-related note, out of curiosity, I looked in wsjt_status.txt to see what it contained, and note that it seemed to contain information about my last QSO.  The only thing that strikes me as odd is the frequency, which would have been the contents of VFO B at the time.  BWDIK: Just thought I'd point it out in case it was important.