Joe and all Dx Pedition Mode developers,

I am with Joe about the share of modes which he raised in the statistics.

Congratulations and I hope FT8 will soon beat the rest of the modes. FT8 gives
me a new joy about Dx pedition hunting while listening my favorite music and
writing e-mails to my friends.

However, we need to be careful about the expected story is right or not  i.e.
“to run CW and SSB when band conditions are good, when QSO rates can be
highest.  FT8 works well even in poorer conditions”.

It is well said that EU is the most difficult continent to QSO with Baker
Island before the operation. “Continent by Mode” statistic indicates EU total
average is 8.7% and very small percentage as expected. However, the breakdown
of mode is 5.3%(SSB), 13%(CW), 7.3%(FT8). FT8 is a half of CW and on a par with
SSB. I feel EU may be frustrated with FT8 as well as SSB and stay at CW mode.

It is a (scientific) fact that less than 2 days operation statistics would not
tell the solid answer and thus,  I am carefully watching them.

Regards,

take

de JA5AEA