Everyone,

The thread hi-jacking has been interesting but time to bring it back to my
original question perhaps please?

Take,

Yes - the problem with varying power is I might hear him CQ when he
transmits with only one channel but when -14dB of power reduction results
from 5 responses I could loose him )and did do so several times). The CW and
the power of the channels I am listening to of him calling everyone else
needs to remain constant as an individual channel otherwise this wildly
varying link budget just breaks contacts.

A worthy modification would be to resolve the varying individual channel
power dilemma I feel. I would be interested in Joe and Steve's thoughts on
this?

Regards,

Grant VK5GR

P.S. The CQ calling is nice - and KH1/KH7Z could make better use of it and
free text to control their pile more - but blocking people calling as
proposed by others here until certain preconditions are met - based on my
observations of the traffic patterns I don't see it helping the situation at
all.