On 18/09/2018 17:23, Black Michael via wsjt-devel wrote:
I know compound calls aren't supported in the 2.0 version for the 75-bit messages...but....

If you put a compound call in the DX Call box (like from double-clicking) and generate std msgs....then remove the compound from the call and generate again all the TX boxes get changed except TX 5 which still uses the compound call.  That seems like a bug to me.  All msgs should be changed when the DX Call box changes, right?

de Mike W9MDB

Hi Mike,

this is not a clear defect. The Tx5 box can be updated during a QSO if prefix or suffix information is captured that was not available in earlier messages of the exchange. WSJT-X would have to make a complex decision when the user manually removes a prefix or suffix from the DX Call box as opposed to the DX Call box being updated similarly by double-clicking or auto sequencing on a decoded message without the suffix or prefix.

This sort of decision becomes much easier when we drop the old 75-bit message formats as compound callsign handling is uniform with the new 77-bit messages, although the old logic will still be needed for QSO modes other then FT8 or MSK144 :(