Jim,.

On 9/22/2018 8:42 PM, DeYoung James wrote:
Greetings,

Thanks to Joe for taking his valuable time to respond.

I didn't realize that the Enable TX should stop after each QSO.  Apparently it does in V2.0.0-rc1.  However, tonight I am back running V.1.9.1.  I have made 5 QSOs in a row on 160m with out having to do anything other than select TX6 CQ after each QSO--the ENABLE TX glows red all the time just fine.  I am that good! I guess I broke the software! I don't see a problem, however.

You were in FT8 mode right?   It has been the default since the beginning.

"An automated QSO machine" I'm not even sure what that means I guess.  The software user still has to perform functions to get things to dance.  If there is a problem with user abuse of the software limiting the software/user interface isn't the solution IMHO.

By an automated QSO machine it means that the program does everything without human intervention.    You can turn off the 'Log QSO' and the program would save all the QSOs to its log, and then all the 'operator' would have to do is import that log to LoTW and get credit for 'contacts'.

Another HAM in my region suggested a potential abuse of the DXpedition mode that I hadn't considered.  DXpedition is on say 30m and it is after midnight local time.  HAM starts calling the DX and goes off to bed.  Wakes up fresh in the morning and sees DXpedition in his log.  This could be a "problem".

Can't happen as there's a built-in watchdog timer that forces the user to again "Enable Tx".

If I am sitting in the chair, interacting via the interface screen (could be tested for) then don't turn the ENABLE TX button off after each QSO.

How do you prove you're always in front of the computer?   Clicking Enable Tx after you click OK to Log, takes a second or less and insures that someone is in front of the scren.

My biggest interest is using WSJT-X and my stations equipment to make contacts over circuits that are on "dead" bands, or where my antenna is a compromise, etc.

Thanks to the WSJT-X team for their efforts.

73, Jim, N8OQ

Neil, KN3ILZ

---
https://www.avg.com