On 17/10/2018 18:22, Black Michael via wsjt-devel wrote:
OK...does appear all paths should reset to zero.

So perhaps building a string of all the redirects and showing that on the the error message for somebody to test that can show what it's doing might be useful.  I can't seem to reproduce the error now.

de Mike W9MDB

Hi Mike,

the too many redirects issue is that WSJT-X correctly detects that Qt has no SSL/TLS support (no OpenSSL libraries that it can use - it needs v1.0.x) and tries an http request. Sane web servers would serve the URL as http but the ARRL have stopped serving http, I assume as part of their updates to drop TLS v1.0. They redirect http requests to an https equivalent URL which the code dutifully retries as http because it can't talk SSL/TLS. That endless loop is terminated by a hard limit on redirect attempts.

I should probably change the code to only try http if SSL/TLS is not available and not on redirects but that will not get the file, just a different error.

The other error about a failed SSL handshake is where an old OpenSSL v1.0.x library is used that does not support TLS v1.1 or later, the ARRL web server will reject attempts at SSL v* or TLS v1.0 connection handshakes.