WSJT-X RU Contest Observations 10-24-18 - AK6A

The band conditions were very poor for me here in Oregon (it was still
daylight and a bit early for 40m). I made a few contacts and here are my
observations.

1. My sent report was never logged into either the WSJT-X Contest Log or
the Log QSO. I had to manually enter the Sent RPT into the Log QSO window
for it to be logged correctly. In no case did it ever show in the Contest
Log.

2. I responded to W7XYZ who was sending a CQ in Non-Contest mode (I was in
RU Mode). My responses were in “Contest Sequence”, his were in ’Standard
Sequence”. The contact was logged with a RCVD RPT of “W7XYZ R-01” and again
no sent report. A subsequent contact with W7XYZ being in RU mode resulted
in the correct exchange (but no logged Sent RPT.)

3. I saw numerous strong signals on the waterfall that did not decode.
These looked like standard FT8 broadcasts (Not the multiple time slot
JS8CALL).

4. The contest log allowed DUPS. The QSO rate stayed at zero. (I know these
are known issues)

The contest was fun, I just wish there were more people to contact.

SW: WSJT-X 2.0 RC3

OS: Mac OS X Mojave

Additional SW: JTBridge, MacLoggerDX

Running WSJT-X from the desktop using terminal as outlined in the
limitations.

Thanks!

Bill - AK6A