Jesus,

I am making similar observations – well its hard to observe at the moment as I
am seeing little here in VK; issues are beyond propagation as v1 signals boom
in (especially for some reason from EA).

One must always delete the wsjtx.ini when one heads back to a different
version; the best way to overcome this issue is to start wsjt-x with command
line parameters for a second rig: i.e.  C:\WSJT\wsjtx192\bin>wsjtx.exe
--rig-name=Second

I realise that mock contests have been conducted to examine issues etc... I was
unable to participate due to timing and propagation. From my observation of
spots, most sigs received on those contests were strong and/or local. As I
state I am in a far away land to many with lots of DXCC nations around but few
active DXCC ops. For the same sized country in the US there are 50-odd states +
the Canadian States; in Europe there are 60+ DXCC entities. Here we have 15
(VK, ZL + very active F’s in New Caledonia) plus a few exotics and 5% of the
numbers of active Amateurs in these other regions ! Likewise its well known
that some volume-chasing ops will not work stations weaker than -15 (as it
requires effort, takes time, and potentially loses them other stations !).

Having looked at patterns, I additionally feel that there may be an issue with
congestion – perhaps from v1 signals as well? Stations do not observe the 50Hz
working conventions and partially transmit over other stations ... We will only
know this once v1 dies out completely – but this will not occur for quite some
time for reasons as you point out and if the community does accept V2....

Also Jesus, are you using a Windows-based environ or Mac/Linux? Our friends at
Microsoft have pushed out quite a number of “enhancements” – some based around
improvements of early attempts at mitigating low-level processor flaws. Similar
attempts have also made their way to both Linux and OS-X; as I also research
virtualisation technologies here (on Win, Mac, Linux and ESX-I) some attempts
have been rather obvious and that some attempts have been better than others.
These can and will affect performances in our modern complex OS’s.

[ No I do not use wsjt-x in a virtualised environ or on a machine with a
running virtualisation client ].

I reiterate your final comment that the developers, as always, are doing a
fantastic job ... but without observations being fed back for testing and
evolution, enhancement will not occur.

73

Steve I
VK3VM / VK3SIR