I also have seen the problem and have come to believe that it related the CAT.. If I use a traditional CAT ( comport) with Kenwood TS480, I do not have this problem. If is use the Flex interface for CAT  this problem returns.. You should also note that the CPU usage for the WSJT task is about 10 times normal, which might indicate some kind of looping fault in the program.

AL, K0VM