I think that the Flex CAT interface in WSJT-X V2, contains a bug.

If WSJT-X looses ethernet connectivity with the FLex radio while running, WSJT-X can go into a state from which it does not automatically recover when ethernet connectivity is restored.

In this state, WSJT-X consumes 10 times normal CPU cycles and does not close correctly when shut down, leaving a background WSJT task running. This task prevents restarting WSJT-X until the background task is killed with the Windows task manager.

This can be duplicated by momentarily disconnecting ethernet from the radio without shutting down SSDR.

Users with poor ehternet reliablity my randomly run into this in normal operation.

Using the WSJT-X and Flex with a traditional COM port with TS-2000 or TS-480 ( via SSDR CAT ) is more reliable and can recover with out closing WSJT-X.

AL, K0VM