Mike and Bill,

Likely, a solution would need to be more user-specific. ATU is most relevant,
but only one example. In my case I need ATU on/off as well as mode and maybe
bandwidth, but others may need to switch antenna port, or, or, or.

Examples: When I was before on 80m SSTV, VFO stays at Data_LSB; when I was on
SSB, VFO stays either at USB or LSB mode; when I worked CW before, VFO stays at
CW and narrow bandwidth. When I now select the any band via WSJT-X, it changes
only frequency at my rig, but NOT mode, ATU, bandwidth et cetera. That is the
reason why I am doing it the other way round and change all that at my rig. It
is too much at risk. I nearly damaged my HF power amplifier a couple of times
when after such a band change ATU was accidentally switched to the wrong state.
When I am working FT8 all the day, I switch all band-VFOs of my FT-991 to
Data_USB, and the ATU on/of for those bands needed. Then these settings are
remembered by my FT-991 when changing band via WSJT-X. Only in this case it
works.

To bring it to work, one would need to have the possibility to save
user-specific CAT commands per band (or even per JT mode and band), like it is
in MMSSTV. Easiest would be to have in WSJT-X a table where one could specify
such (optional) commands, which would be sent to the CAT in addition to the
frequency change CAT command. Alternative could be to specify/save that into
any .ini file. But from my point of view it would get too comprehensive if
there would be within WSJT-X checkboxes for all these possible options (which
would likely only be interesting for a few OM).

I really don’t know if it’s worth to spend any more time on this. Likely only
something which would be “nice to have”.

But thanks for making some thoughts on this for me…

73 de DG2YCB,

Uwe

German Amateur Radio Station DG2YCB

Dr. Uwe Risse