Hi, I got this address from the WSJT website. I am new to this group
and not sure of the protocols. I tried emailing yesterday but am unsure if this
was received.

I am operating as VK2/G3NJV. After upgrading to v2.0.0 I found reports of my
transmissions almost disappeared from PSK Reporter. I now get just a handful of
reports all from stations NOT using WSJT. Most of these come from stations
using “Red Pitaya FT8 TRX 1.0”. I spoke to Philip Gladstone about this and he
told me that WSJT does not send reception reports to PSK Reporter unless it
receives callsign and locator in a single message. It is impossible for me to
transmit a message like this. Because I have a type B callsign, all that will
fit in a single message is “CQ VK2/G3NJV”

This seems a particularly harsh outcome for type B callsign holders upgrading
to v2.0.0. who, like me, are often operating portable stations with makeshift
antennas where reception reports are extremely valuable. The reports from
stations using a Red Pitaya are perfectly acceptable and I’m not sure of the
reasoning behind the current WSJT “callsign + QRA” rule. Would it be possible
to modify this to allow reception reports for type B callsigns received without
a QRA?

Many thanks for your attention.
Paul Randall
G3NJV

PS After completing this email I checked the PSK Reporter website again. Sure
enough there were just 5 reception reports, four from monitors using Red Pitaya
but also a single report from K1HTV  using WSJT-X v2.0.0 784f75. This is the
only WSJT reception report seen since 10 December so now I’m not sure what is
going on!