On 25/01/2019 05:16, Black Michael via wsjt-devel wrote:
I don't see anything in there about serialization...but here's a thread which shows some examples and says "don't do it" referring to pass by reference.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8455887/stack-object-qt-signal-and-parameter-as-reference

Mike

Mike,

eh? Where in that linked stackoverfow item does it say that there is a problem with passing signal arguments by reference? Are you confusing C++references and pointers? Seems to me that it is saying exactly what I have, it is no problem because either arguments are passed in a function call or they are serialized using the Qt metatype system to find the correct serialization code if the connection is queued or across a thread boundary. BTW if the argument types are not all sterilizable then the code will not compile if the signal is queued.

Again, you need to read and understand the Qt signal and slot mechanism and the related metatype system.