WSJT-X Development Team

A year ago I made a request for a software programmer to help develop an
application which would allow our fellow blind Radio Amateurs to make FT8
contacts. When a second request was made a few months ago, Sam Birnbaum,
W2JDB, who developed software for a number of Wall Street financial firms
for many decades, volunteered to take on the task.  Sam developed a program
which is now being beta tested by me and a team of 5 visually impaired
Hams.

Using voice announcements to aid the blind ops, the application can now
answer FT8 stations calling CQ. The software is able to find clear
frequencies on which the blind ops can call CQ, but because there is no way
to send a command from the app to WSJT-X, to change the transmit tone to a
clear frequency, this capability cannot be implemented.

Would it be possible to add the following shortcuts to WSJT-X 2.1.0 rc5
before it is released so the new application for blind Hams would be able
to:

1)      Address the Tx Tone box

2)      Enable and Disable “Hold Tx frequency"

The addition of these two shortcuts to WSJT-X for use with the FT8 mode
would be greatly appreciated.

73,

Rich – K1HTV