I've finally upgraded my last Linux PC to Debian 10, the most complex in
my shack (compiled executables for fldigi, flrig, TQSL, and of course
WSJT-X among several other apps and stacks).

Overall the process went smoothly, since I've heavily documented what
I've done previously.

Apologies if this has been mentioned in a thread already -- I did a
cursory search and found only a passing reference to it on the list.
But I noticed this warning message regarding policy settings for CMake.
Debian 10 is using cmake version 3.13.4.

Ultimately I ignored the message and it seems to have compiled perfectly
fine, but possibly the WSJT-X developers may keep an eye out on the
add_custom_target commands -- since future cmake versions might not
merely throw a warning:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../install/ -DWSJT_SKIP_MANPAGES=ON
-DWSJT_GENERATE_DOCS=OFF ../wsjtx-2.1.0

-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "2.20.1")
CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:165 (add_custom_target):
  Policy CMP0037 is not set: Target names should not be reserved and should
  match a validity pattern.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0037" for policy
  details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
  warning.

  The target name "install" is reserved or not valid for certain CMake
  features, such as generator expressions, and may result in undefined
  behavior.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

73, KD0KZE / Paul