I would like to share an interesting observation on WSJTX process
priorities, although I am not sure if this is known or not, nor if it is
helpful.

When running 4 WSJTX instances on an Intel i5 - 2400 CPU, the FT8 (as well
as WSPR) decoding halts after an unpredictable number of hours with the
Decode button turning blue and the waterfall still showing an incoming audio
stream.

This with a Hermes Lite 2 transceiver and the SparkSDR software. There is
also a UDP server application running which logs all received messages to a
database.

Now when adding the 4 WSJTX startups in a batch file with the /REALTIME
option, the decoding happily runs along and no halts were observed for over
a week.

The instructions are as follows :

cd C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin

start /REALTIME wsjtx.exe