This morning it took three attempts to finally work ZK3A on 80M FT8 in the
F/H mode. In the first two attempts, after ZK3A answered me, my tone
frequency was moved to their TX tone frequency as was expected. Then for
two transmissions, they sent calls and reports but did not copy the Rogers
and report that I sent each time. After not acknowledging my second "ZK3A
K1HTV R-01" report I noticed that WSJT-X had shifted my tone frequency to
around 600 Hz. The first time this happened, I did not decode ZK3A's
transmission immediately following my second report transmission. After
sending an number of calls and reports to ZK3A with teh 600 H tone, I
restarted from scratch, calling ZK3A with the TX1 message using a tone
frequency above 1000 HZ.

The second time ZK3A answered, again  I called twice with no RR73 from them
and again was shifted by WSJT-X to a 600 Hz tone. This time I did copy the
ZK3A transmission which showed them calling other stations, apparently
giving up on my call again.

Fortunately my third try was a charm and I did finally receive a RR73 from
ZK3A for my 80M country #121 with 75 Watts.

My questions are:
1) After two unsuccessful attempts to receive calls and reports from a
Hound that the Fox has answered, when the WSJT-X moves the TX tone of that
Hound to 600 Hz, does it mean that the Fox has given up on that Hound?

2) If the Hound continues to call on the 600 Hz tone frequency, will the
Fox ever respond. If not, the Hound needs to restart the calling process
with a TX tone greater than 1000 Hz.

73,
Rich - K1HTV