On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 7:20 AM Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
wrote:

> Hi Mike and Richard,
>
> that message was added in Hamlib commit 6fbe4a5f which means it was used
> from WSJT-X v1.7.0. It was removed in commit 7062b67 which means it was no
> longer in WSJT-X from v2.0.1 onwards.
>
> Unless this is in a pre-v2.0.1 WSJT-X version it must be a custom build of
> WSJT-X not using the recommended Hamlib version, probably some
> distribution's default Hamlib build which may be ancient.
>
> The message is benign but we do not support WSJT-X built with arbitrary
> versions of Hamlib, this will be particularly true for the next release
> given that there have been a lot of changes in Hamlib recently.

As I'm one of the maintainers of wsjtx for Fedora I'm painfully aware it
likes git checkouts but distributions like releases, so I wouldn't call it
"arbitrary", it's the latest released version, just like I'm running the
latest "released" version of wsjtx.

The fact there is 1240 commits[1] since 3.3 was released emphasizes my
point.

Thanks,
Richard
KF5OIM