From: Stephen VK3SIR <vk3...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, 22 August 2020 9:13 AM
To: WSJT software development <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [wsjt-devel] WSJT-X and Windows CMAKE Versions > 3.14.4

*** REPOST – WRONG HEADING ***

Hi Core Developer Team,

For some time now I have been seeking guidance with patches for the Windows
JTSDK 3.1 x64 with respect to upgrading Windows CMAKE to a more contemporary
version found on many Linux distros (i.e. v3.14.4 is delivered in Greg KI7MT’s
original files; v3.18.2 is the current release).

After releasing Alpha versions of scripts to support Qt 5.15.1 (at
https://groups.io/g/JTSDK/topic/preview_version_0_4a_alpha/76299954?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,76299954
 ) - the latest set of “experiment” patches that can be applied to Greg Beam
KI7MT’s JTSDK 3.1 x64 (to implement commands such as jtbuild) - I thought I
would have another go.

I finally cracked it with steps documented at
https://groups.io/g/JTSDK/topic/upgrading_jtsdk_3_1_packages/76339523?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,76339523
 .

[ For community Reference, basically it required two environment variables:
FFTW3_LIBRARY needed to point to C:\JTSDK64-Tools\tools\fftw\libfftw3-3.dll and
FFTW3F_LIBRARY to point to C:\JTSDK64-Tools\tools\fftw\libfftw3f-3.dll. These
needed to be passed as additional parameters to “The CMAKE Prefix Path” so that
CMAKE could locate libraries during preprocessing and use these libraries when
compiling the C++ and Fortran code. ]

Behaviour is inconsistent across CMAKE versions; The CMakeLists.txt file works
PERFECTLY with Windows CMAKE 3.14.4 … but additional parameters need be passed
should you upgrade from this Windows version.

Can I please request that the CMakeLists.txt file in future releases be
reviewed mindful of my observations on working to make the JTSDK 3.1 accessible
to our community? CMakeFiles of the standard employed in WSJT-X r2.2.2 are only
elementary to my expertise otherwise I’d do it myself.

Changes may not be needed and/or may not necessarily be desirable. Testing of
this is VERY preliminary but on Windows has been rather extensive . I also
recognise that what I request here can impact Linux and MacOS compiles.

Thanks, and there is no need to respond further.

73 and thanks.

Steve I
VK3VM / VK3SIR