On 10/24/20 4:10 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:

Hi Bill,

which problems do I have to expect when trying to compile the source code from the git repo using Debian STABLE ? Which are the solutions available ?

I haven't tried but do not expect anything that cannot be resolved by installing a package from the official repos. Ubuntu 20.04.1, which I use for development, is based Buster which is Debian stable.

Thanks Bill ! That is interesting. My opinion was that Ubuntu is based on the UNSTABLE Debian distribution. This was the reason of my question.

Best wishes,
Claude (DJ0OT)