On 04/11/2020 13:52, Daniel Uppström wrote:
Hi,
Maybe this has already been answered here, if so I am sorry. However;
It seems some Linux distros has dropped libgfortran3. Trying to install WSJT 2.2.2 from the deb-package is therefore not possible.
Is there a reason for not using a higher Fortran version?

Thanks,
SM6VFZ

Hi Daniel,

the Debian style package we distributed as part of the WSJT-X v2.2.2 release targeted Ubuntu 18.04.

You will need to speak to the Debian distribution maintainers to find out why they changed the libgfortran package name rather than just build a newer version for newer Debian releases, but I am sure they had a good reason for doing so.

The simple answer to these sort of queries is, don't try and install a package on a system version when the package targets a different Linux distribution version. You have two basic options, either wait until the WSJT-X package maintainers for your distribution release an updated package, or build WSJT-X from sources.